Pega | DIY Leather Pouch Kit
Pega is a DIY kit that includes all the materials and tools for you to make your very own leather tiny neck pouch, similar to the ones I’ve sold before in my shop (see examples here).
Each kit includes:
- 1 leather needle (size 3/5)
- 1 tapestry needle
- 1 awl
- 1 handmade simple leather thimble
- 1 leather back panel
- 1 fur leather front panel
- 1 long piece of linen thread to sew the pouch (Linho Limol Nº12)
- 3 long pieces of wool yarn to make the string (100% portuguese Bordaleiro wool yarn from Saber Fazer)
- 2 bark tanned leather strips for closing system
- Raw wool
- And, of course, detailed instructions!
Not included but recommended:
- Pair of scissors
- Comfortable working place
- Warm beverage
- Good company 🙂
Once sewed and assembled, Pega will be a beautiful handmade leather neck pouch with approximately 4,5 x 9 cm. This will be a special pouch as she includes 2 different types of leather that were all hand tanned by me the traditional way, using only natural fats, eucalyptus bark and a lot of physical work. This kit includes a fat tanned sheepskin front panel and a bark tanned goatskin back panel. You can read more about my tanning methods here.
This magical pouch will be perfect to carry special sacred things near to your heart, such as a photo of a loved one, a stone, a small feather or fragrant herbs. It can also be the perfect Yule gift for a loved one.
Free shipping worldwide ❤️